I'm on my usual see saw of emotions this weekend. Husband is home and spending time with the kids. Their idea of spending time together is very different from mine. They veg together on the couch and watch TV or play video games. Lately, he's been playing baseball outside with them, but only after I made a big stink about it.
Every time I want to show him affection, or just be nice in general, it's always tempered by the nagging voice that keeps chanting, "He's the lying liar who lies! Don't get too close! Back off and protect what is precious from the beast who destroys!"
Can I trust him again? I owe it to myself and the kids to try whatever needs to be done to rebuild the trust - or in this case, build trust in the first place. What awaits me in this process? The revelation of other truths that will pierce me like a sword? I have to be ready for anything. He has to be ready for my wrath, my disappointment, etc.
The central debate over Marijuana has yet to commence. I am armed with data and the latest news on the issue. I'm even reading up on "addictive personality" and trying to place myself in his metaphorical shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment